Who can participate in your ballet?
Our program is open to any dancer above the age of five. We hold open auditions and place dancers in age appropriate roles based on their skill level. A typical production includes dancers that train at over a dozen area studios, from Grass Valley to Sacramento.
Where and when do you rehearse?
Except for a few special rehearsals, we rehearse only on the weekends. All of our rehearsals are held at the Conservatory of Dance in Rocklin.
How can I volunteer?
As an all volunteer organization, we rely heavily on the hard work and generosity of our volunteers. We simply couldn’t produce the high-caliber ballets that we do without our volunteers sewing, cleaning, working on tech crew, selling merchandise and many other tasks. If you would like to volunteer, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I advertise in your playbill?
For each production, PTB publishes a high quality, full color 8.5″ x 11″ playbill. We don’t charge for our playbill and each of our patrons receives one with the price of admission. We don’t sell advertisement space in our playbill directly, but an advertisement is included as a special thank you for all our business sponsors. There are many levels of business sponsorship available; for more information, please send an email to email@example.com or if you’re ready to sponsor PTB, please download our Sponsorship Package.
Can you tell me about Ballet etiquette?
Placer Theatre Ballet strives to provide our audiences with an entertaining, educational, and enjoyable experience at the ballet. To help us provide a high-quality ballet experience, please make note of the following theater etiquette guidelines:
- Latecomers will not be admitted into the theater once the performance has begun until there is a suitable break or at intermission.
- No food or beverages are permitted in the theater.
- Photography of any kind is strictly prohibited for the safety of the performers.
- Videotaping or recording devices of any kind are prohibited during the performance.
- All electronic devices such as cellular phones should be turned off prior to entering the performance space.
- Please keep talking during the performance to a minimum, it is very distracting to the performers and to the other guests.
- The ushers are available to assist you. If you experience any discomfort or have any concerns during a performance, please notify the nearest usher for assistance.
- Applause is appropriate during the performance as encouragement or appreciation.